Xbox is having a Countdown Sale starting today, December 22, and running through January 7. There are deals for both consoles and games. As per usual, the deals get even better with Xbox Live Gold. Microsoft is calling the event “the Xbox Store’s biggest sale ever.”
Console deals start with a $299 Xbox One between now and December 26, and there are a bunch of good Xbox One games on sale.
Here are the digital deals in effect today:
- PopCap bundle with Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare and Peggle 2 for $17.99, $15 with Gold.
- Need for Speed for $30, $24 with Gold.
Daily deals will continue all week, but there are also week-long deals on the following games:
- Borderlands: the Handsome Collection
- Destiny: The Taken King
- Fast & Furious
- a bunch of Forza games
- Halo 5: Guardians
- NBA 2K16
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Madden NFL 16
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
- LEGO Batman 3
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- Don’t Starve: Giant Edition
- …and lots more. The official list is here.
It’s worth mentioning that some of the games may be backwards compatible-Fable II for Xbox 360, for instance.