Steam is home to over 50,000 games on its platform. While it’s very unlikely you will ever play them all, there is a good chance you have a list of games you eventually want to try. With Triple-A titles releasing at over $60 it can be expensive to buy games right at release. If you’re not too worried about playing the game right away, you may want to pick it up later in a sale.
Steam regularly has large sales on its massive catalog of games. You can get notified when a game you are looking to purchase goes on sale when you add the game to your Steam wishlist. If you’re lucky enough, maybe a friend will even buy you a game off your wishlist.
Let’s take a look at how you can add games to your Steam wishlist.
What is the Steam Wishlist
The Steam wishlist allows you to add games you want to play to an easy-to-find list. Other Steam users can find this list and purchase you games, which is a great feature for birthdays etc. Steam will also notify you when games on your wishlist go on sale, meaning you can pick up the games you want at the best possible price.
You can add any game to your wishlist and rank the games by how much you want them. This allows your friends and family to see which game you want the most.
How To Add Games To Your Wishlist On Steam
Adding games to your Steam wishlist is easy. When you go to a games page on Steam there will be an option to add the game to your wishlist. Follow the steps below to add the game to your list.
- Navigate to the game you want to add to your wishlist on the Steam store
- On the games page you will find an “Add to your wishlist button”. Simply click on this button and the game will be added to your wishlist.
This game will now be visible to you and your Steam friends on your wishlist.
How To Find Your Wishlist On Steam
How To Remove Games From Your Wishlist On Steam
If you no longer want to have a game on your wishlist and receive notifications about sales then you can remove it.
To remove it simply follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your wishlist on Steam
- Find the game you want to remove and select ‘remove’ in the bottom right corner of the games card
- A box will appear asking you to confirm you want to remove the game from your wishlist. Select OK to remove the game from your wishlist.
The game will now successfully be removed from your wishlist on Steam.
How To Find Other User’s Wishlists On Steam
If you want to purchase your friend a game but don’t know what to get them, you should check out their wishlist. You can find their wishlist on their Steam Profile. Follow the steps below to find a users wishlist.
- At the top of steam select your username –> Friends
- Select your friends account that you want to see the wishlist for
- On their account select ‘Games’ on the right hand side
- In the games section, select ‘Wishlist’ in the top bar
- Here you can see the users full wishlist and the games they want to play
You can then add these games to your cart and purchase them for your friend. When you get to the cart on Steam, select ‘Purchase As a Gift’ and then gift it to your friend.
That’s everything you need to know about the Steam wishlist and how to use it. Personally, I like to use it to keep an eye on games that I don’t want to pay full price for. Once they go on sale I will grab them and play.
Read More From Remeshed: