In the sprawling multiplayer universe of Diablo 4, emotes play a critical role. These simple gestures, such as a friendly wave or a respectful bow, not only allow players to communicate their sentiments and intentions to fellow adventurers but also become pivotal in progressing certain quests. The ‘Thanks’ emote, in particular, has gained a special significance as a means to express gratitude towards other players and accomplish related in-game tasks. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of using the ‘Thanks’ emote in Diablo 4.
The Importance of the ‘Thanks’ Emote
In Diablo 4, expressing gratitude isn’t just a polite gesture, but it also has tangible in-game benefits. From greeting other players to unlocking special rewards, the ‘Thanks’ emote holds an array of possibilities. Certain side-quests even grant you rewards for using this specific emote, thereby adding an additional layer to the gaming experience.
A notable example of this is the Traveler’s Prayer side quest, where thanking at a specific shrine grants you special rewards, enhancing the thrill and suspense in the gameplay.
How to Equip and Use the ‘Thanks’ Emote
Before you can use the ‘Thanks’ emote, you must ensure it is equipped in your emote wheel. Follow the steps below to equip and use the ‘Thanks’ emote in Diablo 4:
- To access the emote wheel, press ‘E’ on the keyboard for PC players, or ‘D-Pad Up’ for console players.
- Once the emote wheel appears, it offers an array of options, including interacting, examining, and inviting players to your party.
- Scroll to the left using the scroll-wheel on your mouse (or the respective equivalent on the controller) and select the “Thanks” emote.
- If the ‘Thanks’ emote isn’t already in your emote wheel, you can easily add it. Below the emote wheel, find the ‘Customize’ button and press it to enter the emote customization screen.
- On the customization screen, select the ‘Thanks’ emote and place it in any of your preferred slots. This emote is represented by a praying symbol.
- Once selected and assigned, save changes in the pop-up box.
With the ‘Thanks’ emote now on your radial wheel, you can express your gratitude to other players whenever needed. Simply look towards the player you wish to thank, bring up the emote wheel, and select ‘Thanks’.
Using the ‘Thanks’ Emote in the Traveler’s Prayer Quest
In the Traveler’s Prayer quest, you are required to give thanks at a specific shrine. Here’s how to do it:
- Proceed to the shrine location provided in the quest.
- Stand next to the shrine, and bring up the emote wheel by pressing ‘E’ on the keyboard for PC players, or ‘D-Pad Up’ for console players.
- Select the ‘Thanks’ emote. You may need to toggle over to the second page of the emote wheel to find it.
- Upon successfully using the ‘Thanks’ emote, a chest will appear, marking the completion of the side quest.
In Diablo 4, emotes are more than just aesthetic or social features; they can potentially affect your gaming experience and the course of your journey in significant ways. Mastering the ‘Thanks’ emote, in particular, can open up an array of rewarding opportunities in the game. By following this guide, you’ll be well-prepared to express your gratitude in Diablo 4.
Read More From Remeshed: