Steam is the the most popular gaming platform on PC allowing you to purchase, download and play games as well as connect with your friends. Maybe you and your friend had a 1v1 and things got a little heated. Maybe things were said that shouldn’t have been said. Long story short you blocked your friend and now your here trying to figure out how to unblock them. If that’s not the case you might just be here because a glitch has caused your friends to be blocked on Steam.
Whatever the reason this article will help you out. Let’s jump in and figure out how to unblock someone on Steam.
How To Unblock Someone On Steam
To unblock someone on Steam follow the steps laid out below:
- Open the Steam Application On Your Computer
- Click on Friends & Chat in the bottom right hand corner
- Navigate to the friend on the list that you want to unblock. (You will see “Blocked” below their name if they have been blocked.)
- Right click on their name and go to manage –> Unblock all communication
When you click unblock all communication you will be able to talk to your friend again. They are officially unblocked on steam. You can maybe jump back into another 1v1 lobby again and hash it out with them.
How To Unblock Someone From Steam Browser
You can also unblock someone from your Steam browser using the method below (This will also work on your desktop app).
- Open Steam.com on your browser and Log in to your account
- Hover over your name in the top bar and then click on Friends in the drop down menu
- Here you will see a full list of your friends. To see friends you have blocked, click on the Blocked button in the left hand menu. Here you will see any friends you have blocked on your list.
- To unblock a user click on Manage block list in the top right. You can then select any user profile that you want to unblock. Once you have selected the profiles click on the unblock button.
You have now successfully unblocked this user on your Steam profile. You will be able to communicate with them again without any issues.
How To Unblock Someone On Steam Mobile
You can also unblock someone directly from your Steam mobile app.
- Open your Steam app on your phone
- Click on the menu button in the top left
- Click on the “You & Friends” section and then “Friends” from the dropdown.
- Click on manage Friends List
- Select the friend you want to unblock
- Click on the unblock button
You have now successfully unblocked that person directly from your mobile steam app.
How To View Your Steam Blocklist
If you ever just want to see who you have previously blocked on steam you can follow the steps below.
- Go to Steam.com and log in
- Hover over your name in the top bar and click on friends
- In the friends section click on the blocked button on the left hand side
- Here you will see a full list of the people you currently have blocked on your profile
How To Block Someone On Steam
If you are on the other end of the Spectrum and want to block someone on steam you can do so by following the steps below:
- Open the Steam application on your computer
- Navigate to the friends and chat section in the bottom right hand corner and click on it
- Find the friend in your friends list that you want to ban
- Right click on their name –> Manage –> Block All Communication –> Block all Communication
You have now successfully banned that person on your friends list and they will not be able to communicate with you anymore.
If you ever want to unblock them you can follow the steps at the start of this article.
You now know how to unblock someone on Steam as well as block someone if you need to. Hopefully this guide made the process as easy as possible for you. If you have any questions please let us know down in the comments.