Hogwarts Legacy is here and the game is more than we could have hoped for. It’s already looking like it might take the game of the year. In this guide, I am going to show you how to hit a troll with its own boulder.
The game requires you to do this to complete “Duelling Feats” which are a true test of combat mastery in the game. These feats will take you through a wide range of attack and defense tactics, training you to become the strongest wizard possible. You will learn the weaknesses of your opponents so you are equipped for any battle.
One of the challenges players have been having trouble with is “Hit A Troll With Its Own Boulder”. Let’s take a look at the best strategy to complete this feat.
How To Hit A Troll With Its Own Boulder In Hogwarts Legacy
The troll in Hogwarts Legacy is one of the harder enemies to defeat. One of his attacks is to put his fist into the ground, pull out a giant boulder and throw it at you.
To unlock the Duelling feat we will need to first block the boulder and then use a spell to throw it back at the troll. Follow the steps below to complete the Duelling Feat as quickly as possible.
- When battling the troll you will want to keep your distance from him. This will get him to use his boulder throw attack so you can counter it. He will either use a charge attack or throw the boulder. If you see him preparing to throw the boulder move to the next step.
- Once he is about to throw the boulder you need to prepare to block the attack. Once you see the golden circle indicator appear around your character’s head, you will know the troll is going to attack.
- Once the troll throws the boulder we can use Protego to block the attack. Do this by pressing Triangle (Playstation) or Y (Xbox). Just tap the block button. Do not hold it down or you will end up casting the Stupefy spell. When you tap a Protego Shield will appear around your character, blocking the boulder. Make sure to time the Protego shield just before the boulder hits you.
- Once the boulder hits your shield it will rebound. While it is in the air you can catch it and throw it at the troll by using Ancient Magic. Use “Ancient magic throw” to catch the boulder in the air and fire it back towards the troll. You can do this by using the R1 button (Playstation) or RB button (Xbox).
- The Boulder will head back toward the troll and inflict damage on him. This will complete the dueling feat. The troll will be staggered allowing you to inflict damage for a few seconds without being attacked.
You should now have successfully completed the “Hit a troll with its own boulder” Duelling Feat. This is also a great combat tactic to know when fighting trolls throughout the game. You will now have a much easier time taking this enemy down.
Read More From Remeshed: