Reddit user Benelioto has created a terrific and well-organized compilation of all the information that’s been released so far about Mass Effect: Andromeda, officially and unofficially, from trailers, panels, surveys and leaks. And contains a lot of information, on everything from gameplay to locations to which alien races appear in the game. S/he’s also thoughtfully tagged spoilers, so it’s possible to read only general information if you prefer.
Here’s an overview of some of the highlights:
- The events in this game take place a long time after the events of Mass Effect 3, and MEA will be the biggest Mass Effect yet, with new locations, an all-new story and all-new characters
- You will play as a human, but the game will include familiar aliens (Krogans, Salarians, Asari etc.) as well as new alien races
- There are hundreds of solar systems and many, many planets to explore
- Combat is somewhat similar to ME3, but the dialogue/conversation options are deeper and have more impact on the game
- The armor is much more flexible and customizable
- You will recruit and fight with crew members whose loyalty changes based on your actions
- The Mako has been overhauled and will play a more prominent role
- Locations known so far include a Citadel-like hub, a waterfall settlement, and ancient vaults
- …and a lot more!
The post will reportedly be updated as new information becomes available. Read it yourself to get all the details!