Blizzard is gearing up to celebrate Diablo’s 20th birthday on December 31, 2016. Blizzard wants all of their players to be in on the fun, so they’ve created special content for all of their games.
For Diablo III players, Blizzard is holding a special event called The Darkening of Tristram, which will allow players to adventure through the original game’s cathedral dungeon.
As for the other games, most of the celebratory Diablo tributes will be in the form of sprays or player icons. But for Hearthstone, they’re introducing a whole new brawl. Here’s what Blizzard has planned for each game:
- Heroes of the Storm: The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- Hearthstone: In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Overwatch: Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modeled after the Lord of Terror!
- StarCraft II: Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
- World of Warcraft: Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.
All of these events and new content are only available for a limited time. Blizzard hasn’t specified how limited the time is, so if you’re really interested in getting involved in all of these events, you might just want to log on and play on December 31st.